Thursday, November 20, 2008

The NXE is Like So The Greatest + 50 Other Fanboyish Statements

There appears to be a trend-a-brewing here. I'm the Xbox 360 good cop, while Angel is the Xbox 360 bad cop (and vice versa for the PS3).

I couldn't disagree more with my Bear Bryant-esque avatar friend. Netflix, while not terribly prolific in content, has enough there to satiate.

Another bright point is the GUI, or interface, which is remarkably sleek and efficient, yet incredibly fast to operate.

Furthermore, while the avatars, as of this moment serve no function, from a business standpoint, they makes perfect sense.

Last night, while laying in bed, I was showing off my latest nerd obsession, learning that not everyone is interested in the ability to install games to the hard drive, I noticed my girlfriend become increasingly interested in making her own avatar.

My girls only interest in playing Xbox comes from her penchant to kicking my ass on Hexic 2. Seriously, she beats the shit out of me. This was enough of a step in the right direction for the casual gamer in her to show some interest, which is all Microsoft is asking.

People was $200+ on the Wii, which only gets a substantial amount of use when there are upwards of five or six people around, because it is inherently a party console. The reasonings for the purchase are justified by the promise of unproven fun and simplicity in doing so.

That being said, this is Microsoft's way, albeit a pathetic one, of luring in some more sales. You can hate them all you want, the only purpose they serve as of now are characters in: Uno, A Kingdom for Keflings, Scene It: BOS, Hardwood Spades/Hearts, and Bomberman Live.

In most of those games, they only serve the purpose of supplying a game character you can connect with, which is something we often complain about as gamers. Is it a cheap fix for publishers with bad character development schemes? Sure it is.

Bottom line is, all of the positives cancel out the one negative of avatars. That being said, I must adjourn to kicking some Keflings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment