Friday, August 29, 2008

PAX Woes and Wishes

Sadly, because I get paid to sit around on my laptop and play video games, I don't have the means to go to Seattle this year to hit up the Penny Arcade Expo.

Okay, between us, I don't get paid to sit around.

I actually don't get paid, at all.

With my last job as a bank teller (which paid less than detailing cars), I found myself unwilling to apply to another sales position where I had to interact with people. Explaining to someone who doesn't understand why they have no money after overdrawing their account by $200 isn't my definition of living.

Quite the conundrum if your brain capacity is aped by that of prehistoric man.

Which brings me here to this lowly, dimly lit hallway of forgotten blog stardom. Perhaps this would be more appropriate as a blog more akin to a personal diary, peppered with embroidered hearts and a padlock preventing all those rotten boys from exposing my one true love: my passion for video games.

If only I could visit PAX this year...

They have a damned conference titled "How to Get Paid to Blog."

It's as if my lords, Almighty Goddesses Mac and Cheese, have looked down upon me, and in a hailstorm of white, cheddary bliss, have shown me the light.

And they shut it off, only to say, "Neener, neener, neener! You'll never go there!"

Ah well, I'll keep writing to you diary. You love me, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment